Employment and Business Immigration Visas and Green Cards

For the purpose of obtaining an Employment and Business Immigration Visa or Green Card, an applicant must meet the qualifications of the United States. In order to apply for a Green Card, applicants must have an approved individual labour certification from the Department of Labor (DOL). Applicants may also qualify for a National Interest Waiver. Such waivers are granted to certain exceptional individuals.

O visas

The O visa is for exceptional workers, especially those with outstanding achievements or skills. This type of visa is also available to family members of these people. O visas can be extended for as long as they’re needed for the specific event they’re involved in. Moreover, these visas allow applicants to enter and leave the U.S. as often as they’d like, and they can bring their spouse and unmarried children with them. However, they cannot take up employment in the U.S.

For those interested in immigrating to the United States for business or employment, there are two main types of O visas. The first category is the O-1 visa, which allows foreign nationals with extraordinary skills to enter the country to pursue a business or employment. The second category, the O-3 visa, is for those who have exceptional ability but do not wish to accept employment.

R visas

Employment and business immigration visas and green cards provide immigrant workers with the legal means to stay in the United States for a period of time. These types of visas can be obtained by large businesses, or individuals who are employed by such companies. However, they are not applicable to individuals who are self-employed. This is because many businesses have legal entities that are distinct from their owners. Accordingly, only the owners of large businesses can sponsor a person for a green card or a visa.

The United States grants a total of one million green cards each year. While this figure varies slightly from year to year, roughly half of them go to immigrants who are already in the country. The remaining portion goes to applicants from outside the U.S. Most of these applicants are required to be sponsored by an employer or relative who lives in the U.S.


The EB-3 program allows foreign nationals who have a baccalaureate degree to immigrate to the U.S. and pursue a career in the field. This visa also allows their spouse and children to accompany them. However, the applicant’s children must be under 21 and unmarried. Applicants who wish to receive this visa should meet the criteria set forth by the employer. The process is long and costly, and the employer must ensure the application process is USCIS-compliant.

To obtain an EB-3 visa, the employer must file a petition with USCIS and show the ability to pay the offered wage. The employer is required to submit financial documents to prove this ability to pay. However, complications may arise when the employer’s business is experiencing a rough year. In such situations, it is helpful to consult an immigration attorney for help in overcoming these issues.


Related articles

Appeals Attorneys in Orlando Florida

Appeals Attorneys in Orlando Florida If you are facing a...

Kingdom Business Integrating Faith and Business

Kingdom Business: Integrating Faith and Business Kingdom Business is an...

Maryland Business Express Collaboration

Maryland Business Express Maryland Business Express is an inter-agency collaboration...

Tax Consultant in Switzerland

Suter Treuhand Tax Consultant If you are a business owner...

Cross Border Tax Planning

How Cardinal Point Wealth Management Partners Can Help You...


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here